According to Indian astrology, presence of Kaalsarp Yog or Dosha is considered viciously inauspicious, and anyone living with this Yog will experience lifelong battle with misfortunes. Kaal Sarp Dosh is a dreaded astrological occurrence that affects a person severely with multifarious misfortunes. As per Hindu astrology, when all the seven planets are hemmed between the shadow planets Rahu and Ketu, Kaal Sarp Yog is formed. Rahu is the serpent’s head while Ketu is the serpent’s tail. when all seven planets are on the same side of Rahu and Ketu’s axis, and not one single planet is on the other side then ‘Full’ Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed. If it so happens that a single planet is on the other side of the axis of Rahu and Ketu, then it is not a Kaal Sarp Yog as it is only a partial Kaal Sarp Yog is formed. This partial Kaal Sarp yog is less intense. However, one needs to understand that with Kaal Sarp Yog in their Kundli, it does not make them completely unlucky nor does only bad come their way. It differs from person to person and it is very much dependent on the yogas present in their Kundli. For instance, if in an individual’s Kundli, strong Raj yogas are present or have four planets digbali or 2-3 planets escalated or Swagrehi planets in the Kundli and there is Kaal Sarp yog present in their Kundli as well, then the effects of Kaal Sarp Yog will be minimized.
There are in total 12 different types of Kaalsarp Yog, and depending on the position of Rahu Ketu in one’s horoscope their effects range from delayed marriage, loss of life, lack of self-confidence, loss of ancestral property, financial problems, etc. Some of the imminent effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh include a thoroughly unstable life, defamed state, absence of issues to continue the progeny, financial difficulties, troubled married life, incurable diseases, and mental disturbances and afflictions. Those affected by Kaal Sarp Dosh report struggles and difficulties throughout their lives. In fact, this condition also prevents some good effects ensuing from the other beneficial planetary positions in the individual’s horoscope. Therefore, most people are dread Kaal Sarp Dosh. The Types of Kaal Sarp Dosh are:-
(1) ANANT KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Anant Kaal Sarp Yog occurs when Rahu is placed in the 1st House and Ketu is present in the 7th House while the remaining planets are on the left to this axis. This is also known as the Vipareeta Kaal Sarp Yog. This yog is bad for marital life but great to gain finances. Individuals suffering from this Yog when married suffer from inferiority complex and anxiety.
(2) KULIK KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Kulik Kaal Sarp Yog occurs in one’s Kundli when Rahu occupies the 2nd house and Ketu is positioned in the 8th house. This yog is very bad for the person’s health. There is a high probability of loss and accidents in their life. Financial prosperity will be on the decline and ill reputation on the rise.
(3) VASUKI KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Vasuki Kaal Sarp Yog appears in one’s Kundli when Rahu is in the 3rd house and Ketu occupies the 9th house while the planets are on the left of rahu and Ketu axis. People suffering from this Yog suffer from high blood pressure, untimely death or losses in business or finances due to relatives.
(4) SHANKPAL KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Shankpal Kaal Sarp Yog arises in one’s Kundli when Rahu occupies the 4th house and Ketu is in the 10th house. With this Yog in the horoscope, individuals get into trouble at work place; have a stressful and anxious life with many hardships. They could be an illegitimate child or have an illegitimate child outside of their marriage. However, if the individual has political inclinations, they will achieve success in this field.
(5) PADAM KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Padam Kaal Sarp Yog occurs in one’s Kundli when Rahu occupies the 5th house and Ketu is in the 11th house. They are constantly worried and fear for their children’s lives. They might even face difficulties in conceiving. If they have an afflicted moon in their horoscope as well, they will suffer from the influence of spirits. Chronic illnesses take long to recover and academic obstructions are constant. Also, their friends and family let them down often.
(6) MAHAPADAM KAAL SARP DOSHA : With Rahu positioned in the 6th House and Ketu placed in the 12th house the Mahapadam Kaal Sarp yog arises in one’s Kundli. There will be many enemies in this individual’s life and they will suffer from inherited diseases. However, if this yog acts beneficially, it can lend them power and make them a political success.
(7) TAKSHAK KAAL SARP DOSHA : When Rahu is placed in the 7th house and Ketu is placed in the 1st house, the Takshak Kaal Sarp yog is formed in one’s horoscope. These individuals lives in constant speculation and lose their wealth due to alcoholic tendencies, wrong company and gambling. When they get married, their life will be full of disputes and drama.
(8) KARKOTAK KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Karkotak Kaal Sarp Yog arises in one’s horoscope when Rahu is placed in the 8th house and Ketu occupies the 2nd house in the horoscope. Such individuals are quick tempered and make a lot of enemies. They also have an affinity for antisocial elements. They lose out on ancestral wealth and are prone to sexually transmitted diseases.
(9) SHANKACHOOD KAAL SARP DOSHA : The Shankachood Kaal Sarp Yog arises in one’s horoscope when Rahu is in the 9th house and Ketu is in the 3rd house. Such individuals lead a life of ups and downs. They are good liars and favor anti-religious tendencies as well as activities. They are quick tempered and suffer from high blood pressure as well as anxiety.
(10) GHATAK KAAL SARP DOSHA : When Rahu is placed in the 10th House and Ketu is in the 4th House, the Ghatak Kaal Sarp Yog is formed in a Kundli. Such individuals come under the scanner for litigation problems and are often punished by the law for their behavior. However, if this yog turns benefice then it can help them achieve great political power.
(11) VISHDHAR KAAL SARP DOSHA : With Rahu in the 11th, House and Ketu placed in the 5th House, this yog arises in the horoscope. The Vishdhar Kaal Sarp Yog makes the individual unstable and has to travel frequently. They have trouble with their kids and can lead an imprisoned life. They also get no support from siblings. However, the latter half of their life is peaceful.
(12) SHESHNAG KAAL SARP DOSHA : When Rahu is placed in the 12th House and Ketu is in the 6th house, the Sheshnag Kaal Sarp Yog is formed in the horoscope. This individual is unfortunate and suffers problems with litigation and defeats in all aspects of life. They make enemies easily and suffer from health problems. Kaal Sarp Dosh effects are manageable and last for short time when Rahu sits in the 3rd, 6th or 11th house of your birth chart and are severe and long lasting when Rahu occupies the 5th, 8th, & 12th house.
Some of the other things one need to do as part of Kaal Sarp Yog include regular visits to Shiva temples especially on Mondays, abstaining from outside food, avoiding alcohol and non-vegetarian food, doing Pranayama or breathing exercise, etc. it is also said that the individuals observing Kaal Sarp Yog should not eat at ceremonies like marriage, housewarming, deaths, cradle ceremony and others. Observing Kaal Sarp Yog is the surest and proven way to avert the evil effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh. Winning the grace of Lord Shiva can significantly alleviate the sufferings people undergo due to this dosh. In this regard, performing Rudrabhishek and chanting the Maha Mrutyunjaya Mantra with faith, devotion and fervor will work great wonders. The baseline of all sadhana and yoga practices are self-disciplining and pleasing the divine. Once these two ends are achieved, they can bring about highly positive benefits in countering the ill effects and misfortunes caused by Kaal Sarp Dosh
What is Kalsarp Dosha and how bad it is? Are there any remedies for it?
Kalsarp Dosha is one of the worst curse that have a tendency to majorly devastated one's life. The people suffering from this dosha won't have even a minor happiness allowed in their life, the victim only surrounded with deep grief and sorrow. It is formed when all the seven planets come between Rahu and Ketu.
In astrology, Rahu is consider as the head part of a snake while ketu is consider as it's tail. This phenomenon governs the bad deeds and leads to sufferings. Ketu will always be found in the seventh house and Rahu in the first, since they are head and tail part. Further, except Rahu and Ketu, all other planets are considered moving in a clockwise direction.
If you found that you are in keen depression, sadness, lack of self esteem, thoughts of committing suicide, isolation, health issues or various other sign then the major chances that you are suffering from a Kalsarp Dosh. Delayed marriage,loss of ancestral property,legal litigation, financial problems, imprisonment, accidents are also caused by this dosha.
According to Indian astrology there are twelve types of Kalsarp Dosh. Now I will going to mention some remedies for its prevention.
1. Read Sarpa Sukta everyday.
2. Plant a Tulsi in the house.
3. Kalsarpa Yoga can be pacified if the victim visit Kal Hasti Shiva temple near Tirupati, Trayambakeshwar near Nasik and at Kedarnath.
4.'Om Namah Shivaya'chant also an effective remedy for this dosha.
5. Wear a ring with snake enshrined over it and do Nag Panchami vritta.
6. Put coal pieces in a flowing water/river and donate fresh Radish.
7. Do Mahamrityunjaya jap for 1 lakh and 25 thousand times.
8. Offer Barley seeds to birds and put coconut, lentil in flowing water.
Following above are some effective remedies one can do to lessen the effect of Kalsarp Dosha.